Friday, December 24, 2010

Casual Thursday.

I went to my best friend's house this thursday to bake Christmas Cookies.  She surprised me and made me some Nutella Raviolis (it's a dessert, they're much more like dumplings).  The only thing you need to know is that they are like ecstasy, just purely amazing.  They are very simple to make (Yes I'm giving you the recipe :) )...here it goes: You take one won tong wrapper and brush some egg wash on the edges.  Take one small scoop of the nutella and place it in the middle.  Now you take one edge of the won tong and press it to the opposite edge making a little triangle.  Seal it by taking a fork and pressing it down through the edges.  Now the easy part...dunk it in a hot pot filled with oil and cook it for 10 to 15 seconds on each side.  Once they size up and get golden take them out of the pot and place them under a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil and PRESTO you're done.  If you want to make them more fancy dandy (which I suggest you do) sprinkle some white sugar powder on the Raviolis. :)


Since I gave you the food aspect of my day here's the style aspect.  I was searching through tumblr and saw some images of Kate Bosworth and how she dresses up and down (by down I mean casual).  Everything she does is effortlessly chic, just simply amazing.  Even though she is a natural beauty it still leaves me in awe how beautiful one can be just with a simple white tee.  I got inspired by her casual looks that made me get a bit creative with a simple white tee.  I grabbed my favorite boyfriend shorts and rolled them up (since they're more like bermudas than shorts), put a cognag belt on with the tshirt underneath the ensemble.  I topped it up with a striped cardigan and my black combat boots.  I feel as if one has to put a bit of effort into the styling choices we make.  Since style does reflect on how we portray things, how we feel and who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment